Friday, April 15, 2011

Gardein Crispy Chick'n

We hadn't tried the Gardein crispy chick'n yet, and since it used to be one of our favorite Chinese dishes we decided to give it a shot. I modded the recipe a little bit to try to pay homage to a restaurant in Dallas we used to eat at called Cathy's Wok. They had an awesome crispy sesame chicken, so I tried to get as veganly close as possible. I made the chick'n just as the directions on the back called for, but added steamed broccoli into the sauce with the chick'n after it had finished cooking. I also changed the sauce a bit by heating it in a sauce pan and added 2 tablespoons of agave nectar, 2 table spoon of rice vinegar, and some ginger. After the sauce cooked together for a few minutes, I added the chick'n and the broccoli to the sauce, served it up on a bed of rice, and then put some sesame seeds on top. It's been about 8 years since I've had the Cathy's Wok original, but I gotta say I think it's pretty close!

No comments:

Post a Comment