Thursday, April 14, 2011

California Burger

Inspired by my trip to LA, I decided to make a California burger for dinner. For the patty, I went the quick route and used a Boca vegan patty which is delicious. If I would have had more time cooking it, I think I would have used a portabella mushroom or the Yves meatless beef burger. I didn't want to use a regular hamburger bun, so I used a french bread that was made without dairy or egg.  Finally, the burger is topped with fresh cut avocado and underneath has a little bit of BBQ sauce. For the side, sweet potato fries seemed like they would go with this awesome burger perfectly.
I love putting avocado on burgers. It makes it almost like having cheeseburger. Avocado's are very healthy and contain 20 vitamins and minerals. They also allow the body to absorb even more nutrients from the other foods eaten with them. So go make some guac or top your burger with a delicious avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment