Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rig Overhaul

Ok, It’s to to overhaul the guitar rig. My current rig is great, but isn’t covering all the basis that I need to and even though it seems elaborate it is actually pretty simple. The plan is to mod my current pedal board from this:
to this:
The new pedalboard signal chain will go: Volume>Maxon compressor>RC booster>LS2
The LS2 will run two switchable signal chains:
A - Sparkle Drive>OCD>Octafuzz>BF2>H2O>Pickle Vibe>Carbon Copy>Replica>PS6>Empress
B - DS1 Ultra>Phase 90>Aqua Puss
Then back to the LS2 which will go to the EP Booster, Sonic Stomp, & the Fender Reverb tank.
For the board, I’m going to retire the Pedaltrain 2 I have and go with the Pedaltrain Pro and get an additional Voodoo Lab Pedal Power II to power up all these pedals.

Amp Overhaul
For an amp, I love the sound of my Deluxe Reverb, however, even at 22w it can still be pretty loud for smaller venues. For a lower wattage amp, I am digging the Egnater Tweaker combo. It is 15w, receives pedals well, and has a nice grit to it. It is very responsive to dynamics and breaks up with aggressive playing. I am going to get the combo and stick a fender reverb tank right on top. I am still planning on using my deluxe reverb as my main amp, but this will give a bit more versatility.
Guitar Overhaul
 If you have been buying and trading guitars for awhile, there is always “the one that got away.” For me, that is the ES339. I had one a few years ago, absolutely loved it, and traded it in for some unexplainable reason. I feel I have a pretty well rounded guitar arsenal, with the exception of not currently owning a Gibson. My main guitar is definitely my tedlecaster, but I would like to get something that has traditional humbuckers as well. The ES339 was a great instrument and was able to hang with the Les Pauls I was playing when I owned it. I believe that would round out my rig.
That and maybe another telecaster.... hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment